Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Walk and Yams :)


I just got back from my 4.5 mile walk at the IngleNook park in Southfield! I could keep up but my old man dog Bailey was soooo tired :( . He's my love!

I unfortunately cannot find a picture of him.. so I'll put one up of Beaux when he was a baby :)

So yea anyway, I discovered AMAZING yam recipe... please try it. And for all you non-cookers out there, [ ....Jess Parke' ;) ], this is fool proof!










Candied Sweet Potato with Pineapple
POINTS® Value: 2
Servings: 6
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Works with Simply Filling
Four ingredients equal one simple side dish. The pineapple juice helps caramelize the potatoes, resulting in wonderful flavor and texture.


Ingredients



1 spray(s) cooking spray

1 1/2 pound(s) sweet potato(es), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks

8 oz canned crushed pineapple in juice, undrained

1 tbsp McNeil Nutritionals SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener ( I just used reg. sugar)

1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 425ºF. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.

  • Place potatoes in prepared dish. In a small bowl, combine crushed pineapple, Splenda and cinnamon; add to potatoes and toss until well mixed.

  • Bake, stirring after 30 minutes, until sweet potato mixture is bubbly, about 45 minutes. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.

Notes

  • You can use canned sweet potatoes in water to save time if you prefer.

Enjoy... I did ;) <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment